Because pets are social beings, we take our time caring for them.
- You can reserve pet sit dates up to 2 years in advance.
- New clients must book 3 or more days in advance of their first visit.
- All new clients have a meet and greet scheduled with their pet sitter prior to service.
- No added charges for first meeting.
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Minnesota sales tax not included in pricing listed on website.
Gratuities are greatly appreciated by your pet sitter
- Full refund for cancellations 48 hours or more before the visit.
- 50% refund for cancellations 24-48 hours before the visit.
- No refund for cancellations within 24 hours of visit.
- Cancellations due to severe weather or family emergencies will be refunded
Last Minute Booking Policy:
- Requests made within 2 days of the start of service will incur a $10 last minute booking fee.
- For small holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day), the last minute fee will apply for requests made within 4 days of the holiday.
- For major holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day, and New Year’s Eve and Day), the last minute fee will apply for requests made within 7 days of the holiday.
- Last minute booking fee may be waived at our discretion.
- Clients must provide 2 copies of their key to Whiskers to Tails to retain for continued services. One copy will be secured in a lockbox by the pet sitter; the other copy will be secured in the office lockbox for backups.
- If key cannot be copied (e.g. for apartments/condos), client pays $10 fee for each key exchange (pick up and/or return) required.
- If client utilizes a door code or garage code we do not require 2 copies of the key.
- Please make reservations early for weeks with holidays.
- A $20 holiday surcharge added to pet sits on these holidays*: New Years Eve, New Years Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- *Holiday surcharge goes directly to your pet sitter.
- Visit frequency: We require all pets under our care to be visited once per day at a minimum.
- Parking: Client pays all metered parking fees.
- Updates: updates to policies will be posted on this page and in pet care quotes.
Pet Policies (Cats):
Minimum visits for cats are once per day. We are no longer able to accommodate every other day requests.
Medication administration includes oral medications (pill or liquid form), topical medications, and insulin injections pending pet sitter availability.
Pet Policies (Dogs):
In extreme weather, dog walks may be cut short or removed completely from the visit and indoor playtime will occur instead.
Extreme weather includes temperatures below 0 degrees or above 85 degrees, thunderstorms, hail, or blizzards.
For vacation dogs only: we require either an overnight combined with a midday visit or a minimum of three visits per day for the health of the dog.
Ready to get started?
What our clients are saying?
Decided to hire a professional from now on
Our cat got more time, attention, grooming and socialization than he gets when there are five people in the house! Dee was our pet sitter and she sent notes, pictures, and funny stories about the cat. He was very well cared for. We'd paid less for a high school student to take care of our cats the year before, but he accidentally let them out of the house and they roamed the neighborhood for a week while we tried to manage their rescue from out of the country. We realized you get what you pay for and decided to hire a professional from now on. We were totally pleased with Dee and Whiskers to Tails. Very easy online scheduling/rescheduling, too.
We are picky people
Whiskers To Tails has been the BEST dog sitter we have found for our two pugs. Look no further. We are picky people and have many details to follow with the care, and Whiskers To Tails has been the most trustworthy, professional, and attentive. I can trust them to take good care of the dogs, and the updates during the visits are excellent. We have been using them for several months now, almost 5 days a week. Our oldest pug of 12 years even has a newfound energy and drive for going outdoors and walking with Whiskers to Tails care. We are very grateful for the high level of service provided and the peace of mind knowing our dogs are in good hands! We highly recommend this company.